Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chanel Paradoxal

Chanel Fall Collection just arrived at most stores this week. I was so exited about Paradoxal since I saw first pictures of new collection. I couldn't wait. I called myself to my local Nordstrom every day even SA from Chanel counter promised to call me as soon as it arrives. So I didn't miss it and I'm ready to show you what it all about. How can Chanel to discover something new every time? But I can say that Paradoxal is really unique. We already had some dusty grayish purple like Metro Chic before and we already had purple shimmer like in Nars Purle Rain before but for some mystic reason no one get idea to incorporate shimmer in dusty grayish cream base before Chanel got. Hey, other nail polish brands, I'm predicting new trend called "dusty colors with shimmer". Any colors are welcome.
OK, now we are back to Paradoxal. Don't forget to click at this picture otherwise you can miss point.


I would call this color dusty plum. This is between purle, brown and gray. Dirty putty color! Reddish purple shimmer is pretty visible in direct sun light. It's not really visible without bright light. Color is dark but never looks black. It's more brown in warm yellow electric light. Application is flawless. Here is 2 coats and no top coat. Big respect to Chanel for improving formula that much over last year. As I expected this definitely is A MUST HAVE. And Paradoxal along with Illusion d'Or and Particuliere hits my 3 favorites Chanel nail polishes list. LOOOOOVE it!

8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and im soo jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile, i am wearing illusion d'or over paradoxal today! on day 3 and going strong! i love dusty shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiiice color !! can't wait to have this in france but in august :( so long !

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually jessica's venus was her name is a dusty purple at first glance and then you look closer and it's glowing with purple shimmer under the dust.

    can't wait to get paradoxal next week!

    xo
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, it IS gorgeous. It's absolutely unique.

    Twister, totally agree.

    Jbrobek, I need to try this combination. I love illusion d'or over everything.

    Lily, time fly fast.

    Hi Sara, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, it IS gorgeous. It's absolutely unique.

    Twister, totally agree.

    Jbrobek, I need to try this combination. I love illusion d'or over everything.

    Lily, time fly fast.

    Hi Sara, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this one badly but its not out in Canada yet!!! (or so says the girl at the Chanel counter....)

    ReplyDelete