Thursday, April 22, 2010

Making Scents: The Art and Passion of Fragrance - exhibit at Longwood Gardens

My other obsession except nail polishes is perfumes. It has older history but perfumes and polishes often come together. So I just couldn't miss exhibition opening in Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA - Making Scents: The Art and Passion of Fragrance. We went to look on second day after opening. We live 45 minutes from Longwood Gardens and go to visit few times a year bringing all our guests or just to enjoy good weather or holiday decoration there. Don't worry it will open till November 21st so you still have chance to see it.

Today my husband flew to Japan for trip (I promised to let him go since I spent all weekends at dog shows). Good part of his absence is I have more time to work on pictures and to post. Bad part that I'm already missing him and I have no one to help me to take pictures of my NOTD (my 3 years old doesn't count).

So back to exhibition. I can't tell that I saw all parts because we had friends and toddlers with us but exhibition itself is very interesting. Longwood garden's conservatories are one the largest in the country.


I never saw or smelled real plant of Ylang Ylang before.
Don't forget that all pictures are clickable.


Here is part from official presentation: "An intersection of flora, fashion and science, the exhibition will transform the Gardens’ gemlike conservatory into a museum for the senses. Visitors to the exhibition will experience the actual plants and flowers behind iconic perfumes, explore the mysterious power of the sense of smell, discover the unique combination of creative artistry and intricate science behind perfume composition, and have the opportunity to compose a basic fragrance.

“Making Scents: The Art and Passion of Fragrance will inspire and educate guests about the storied history and evocative power of scent,” said Longwood Gardens Director Paul B. Redman. “This exhibition is so perfectly suited to the setting of Longwood, where guests can experience first-hand the fragrant plants and beauty of nature that are at the heart of the fragrance story.”







Other focal point of Longwood gardens at Spring time is fields of tulips. I don't have words to describe its beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment